Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Notebook - 14-ck0056tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I recently restarted my laptop and found that my touchpad was not working. The cursor would not show up and as a result the touchpad was unusable. However, the cursor does appear when I plug in a USB Mouse. After this, if I go to Device Manager and go under Mice and other Pointing Devices, I cannot find my touchpad drivers! I can only see my USB mouse drivers. I tried searching up downloadable drivers for my model (14-ck0056tu) and found nothing.  device not working.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the drivers and software from the base model 14-ck0000...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-14-ck0000-laptop-pc/20395790

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the reply. Now I am curious though, which driver should I be downloading? These are my options.

which driver.PNG

I downloaded the second one, and am not sure what to do from there.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Download the driver for the version of W10 you have installed.

If you are running W10 v1809, then the second driver would be the right one.

With a notebook as new as yours, I would be thinking you are running W10 v 1903 or 1909, for which you should download and install the 4th one on the list.

Then just double-click to run the driver and follow the on screen instructions.

Installation should be automatic, and you may be prompted to restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thank you again for the response. After donwloading the driver and restarting my device, nothing has changed. The touchpad doesn't work, nor does the driver appear in Device Manager. What should I do now?

EDIT: I recently found out I am running Windows 1807, but also installed the 1907 driver. 92987.PNG

Though the highlighted file is the 1807 driver, there are also many other files here. As mentioned earlier, restarting the device after installation didn't fix the problem. What should I do now?

HP Recommended

So now the I2C device that has the ! mark is gone, and the touchpad still doesn't work?

That must mean the driver worked, and something else is the matter.

What that could be, unfortunately that I do not know.

Do you have a lot of files and programs you added?

You may want to factory reset the PC and see if that fixes the problem.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, what is the I2C device? I do not recall seeing an "IC2", nor a ! mark. But yes, the touchpad still doesn't work. In case it was not seen, my previous reply was edited. Please see that as well.

May I also add that I don't think the driver worked, as it did not show up in "Device Manager".

HP Recommended

Hi:

Look at your first post with the screenshot.  You will see an I2C HID device that had an issue (! mark next to it).

That device is related to the touchpad, which wasn't working...

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/326011/touchpad-is-not-working-and-receiving-i2c-hid-error-...

HP Recommended

Hi, I realised what you were talking about, and no, that "!" is still there. 

muntyyc_0-1579654423554.png

As you can see in the screenshot above, the "!" is still there.

HP Recommended

OK, so that is most likely why the touchpad isn't working.

See if this works...

Go to the device manager, right click on the problem i2C device with the ! mark next to it.

Select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box too.

Restart the PC, and perhaps W10 will reinstall the device so that it works again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.