Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0037wm
Microsoft Windows 11

Awhile ago the pen that came with my HP Pavilion X360-15-cr00xx stopped working. It had been having issues for a bit so I decided to look for a new pen. I ended up using a passive pen for a while but it will not calibrate correctly. I finally bought the exact same pen the came with the computer and it wont connect at all. I've gone through updates (including Bios, Chipset, and Pen Control), different batteries, and several restarts. It is a new SPEN-HP-01 that only says to put in the batteries and touch it to a surface to turn it on, but my computer wont react to it at all. I'm an art student who is using this computer to finish a degree and I can't get anything to work correctly.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ardixon 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

The source of the problem might not be the HP Pen or the Pen Control application.

Reference

Supported on this device

Accessories

1MR94AA

HP Pen P.N. 910942-001

HP Pen Control Application – Available at the Microsoft Store

• Document:  HP Notebook PCs - Configuring the HP Pen Using HP Pen Control Software (Windows 10)
  • HP Pen Control – Microsoft Store - Description:  This application allows customization of stylus buttons for HP stylus models – including HP Pen and HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen.  You can seamlessly switch between stylus button function.  HP Pen, HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen, and the HP Pen Control application are provided for supported computer models.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't find a Windows 11 Software and Drivers section for this system nor do I find the model in the supported models list for Windows 11.

What does that mean?

If the system is not supported in Windows 11, updating the BIOS or other drivers beyond the listed version (for example) is not possible.

References

Software and drivers for HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0037wm 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) 

What to do?

Not sure.

Since the pen you purchased is new, it hardly needs to be set to defaults (as described in the Pen Control document).  Nonetheless, you could try that.  Pen Control app does not specifically say it supports Windows 11 - on the other hand, nor does the information say that Windows 11 is not supported.

I realize this information does not move you forward - I'm just not sure there is a way to do that in this instance.

References / Resources

15-cr0037wm Product Specifications

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0037wm 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.