Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 plus
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

If I try and print anything from my Android phone, tablet, my wife's android phone or tablet to my HP Printer, all I get is a single blank page.

Printing from my laptop or my wife's laptop is fine.  Both laptops are running W10 Pro 64

The android devices are running Oreo 8.0 and Pie 9.0

The printer has the latest firmware installed - CKP1CN1829AR

All devices have the latest version of the HP Print Service Plug in installed (v4.10.2-3.2.1-16-19-1.13.1019

I've restarted the printer and the router so don't suggest that.

The date, time and location settings on the printer are correct.  So don't suggest that.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the HP Printer Sevice Plug in, so don't suggest that.

The printer is connected to the router via ethernet cable.

And just to be sure, Printing from my laptop or my wife's laptop is fine both wirelessly and via ethernet. So don't suggest anything to do with Windows.

If you are going to reply, Mr HP Support Person, please ensure that any suggestion you make, you have tried personally and know will work.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PrimaryKey

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you download and use the HP Smart App and try printing

Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.printercontrol&hl=en_IN

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did. Made no difference 

HP Recommended

@PrimaryKey

Please try these steps

1. Tap Settings , and then search for and open HP Print Service.

2. Tap the menu icon  , tap Printing settings, and then tap Advanced Settings.

3. Turn on Android Print Rendering.

Turning on the Android Print Rendering setting.

Next clear the print cache spooler

1. On your Android device, tap the Settings icon , and the select Apps or Applications.
  2. Select Show System Apps.
  3. Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler. ...
  4. Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.

Try printing and keep me posted how it goes

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Maked no difference 

HP Recommended

@PrimaryKey

At this point I would request you to contact HP Support for further assistance

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.