Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

If you are a new computer owner, or here to ask for advice on one you have owned for a while. Here are some recommendations from folks who want to share advice on how to protect, improve, or fix your computer.

I will get started posting some items and I hope others will chime in.

1. Please, Please Please..... Follow these instructions>>Click Here<< to learn how to create a set of recovery disks for your computer. We can not express how important this is. Please, make a set of disks for each computer you own and store them where you can get them when you need. The above link is for Vista Laptops, here are the instructions for XP users.

This should be the first and foremost task on a new machine. It will save you in the event of an hard drive failure.

This link also provides an excellent resource for 7 good ideas for new users. There are online classes you can watch for free that explain all these tasks.

2. If you are looking for drivers for your computer. Start here first.

3. If you need to contact someone directly at HP for Customer Support, you have phone, chat, and email options. Personally, I like using the chat function as I can be on the chat getting support, while also doing other things. Start here for all the options, including phone numbers. (Please note that the availability of different support options will vary by country and language)

4. You have come to a great place to learn and teach. The forum area is all about people helping people and you will quickly realize how these forums can make things much easier. One suggestion is to look for the 1st few threads in each area. They generally have good advice for how to search for, and then ask questions. Also, I highly recommend that you read the Tips and Tricks.

Welcome to the forum.

GarenT

Admin...

Message Edited by DaniW on 11-23-2009 07:59 AM
I worked for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.