Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @sl12 ,

Our support team in your region can be reached as outlined https://support.polycom.com/

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any update on this ? 
We're facing the same issue with our CCX500 & 600. 

Phone lock isn't working properly.

It's a critical incident for us. Anybody can take a phone and start call or meetings on the behalf of the end user

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @DamienQ ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQ’s listed in my signature for your convenience. 

In addition, was our Partner Microsoft contacted as they provide the Software running on the Phone when in Microsoft Teams mode? If yes what was their advice?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

MS is actually investigating but i'm not expecting anything because this post is dating from 2020 and the problem was already there.

MS is just asking us to wait.

When i logged on the web interface of the phone, i saw the "Phone Lock" option in light grey, as if it was disabled. Cannot do nothing to enable it or anything.

BTW, when i'm loggin on the phone with my MS logins, i go to parameters ==> Phone Lock.
I enable phone lock, type PIN 6 numbers, save. But it never save my informations. 
It always reset the parameters to Phone Lock - Disable.

Even if i restart, or not restart.

I'm kind of annoyed 😕 

HP Recommended

Hello @DamienQ ,

I can only ask you to read my reply again as you have not provided any of the details we would need.

As an FYI, the Web Interface is mainly able to change features around the network. All other options shown are only for openSIP or Skype for Business

From the Microsoft / Skype for Business FAQ:

Jan 29, 2020 Question: Can I use any of the well-known configuration parameters or settings via the Web Interface to make changes to the Teams application running on Poly phones?

Resolution: Only fundamental settings regarding the network or others can be used. Nearly everything else is part of the Teams Android app running on the phone and Microsoft would need to be consulted.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I can confirm the issue STILL exists in 2023!  I have been told its a "Microsoft Problem" as well, but i am testing out Yealink MP56 phones and comparing to Poly CCX-505 phones, and sure enough, the device lock works on the Yealink, but NOT on the poly.  All devices updated to the latest firmware and teams agent. Both devices have the exact same teams phone configuration pushed to them

My guess is that Poly has not revisted this issue since it was originally reported, when it may have been a teams settings issue, while other vendors have updated their devices to support it.  This is a critical feature for us and the thousands of devices we were looking at deploying.

HP Recommended

Hello @Pantherfan69 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

have you raised a ticket with our support organization for this yet?

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please mention the Yealink phone model and software and how to enable the feature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I will open a ticket, i just dont have high hopes for a fix since this seems to have been a problem for years now.

I had the yealink model in my previous post (MP56), teams app version 1449/1.0.94.2023050205.  The poly i am comparing it with is a CCX-505, exact same teams app version, and the phone FW is 8.1.2.1122.

They have the same teams phone configuration profile assigned, and the setting is in the same place on both phones (click on user image, go to settings then device settings, then phone unlock. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.