Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @fischeye  and @dwdwdw ,

I briefly had a look at the provided Video's and Links and it clearly states that the Beta code or Demonstrated technology preview always only mentions Audio.

I am unable to comment on what basis or assumption you have purchased the Trio with the Visual+ or VisualPro as a Video/Audio solution but again Polycom is tied to Microsoft and their Roadmap of what devices support Audio and what devices support Audio/Video.

This is not really a discussion for a community forum and something that should be taken up with your respective Polycom Resellers or Polycom Sales Engineers.

To finally clarify:

• I, @SteffenBaierUK , am neither a Product Manager or work for marketing. I am a volunteer providing users in the community with information. I may comment on availability or refer to our NDA Program. All of this is done in my own spare time.

• Based on today's date aka the 13/02/2019 Polycom does not provide a general available standalone device being able to be utilized with Microsoft Teams in a native mode.

• Polycom as company offers various services to enable customers on legacy hardware to be able to connect into Teams and therefore ensuring the investment made into technology is protected.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Have there been any new developments with regards to this thread? 

HP Recommended
You can upgrade to Teams but it will support audio only.

Or if you want video, you can add Poly RealConnect cloud (free until June 2020) which will give video interoperability.
HP Recommended

i have an 8500 running zoom. Could that be used? 

HP Recommended
What's the scenario?
HP Recommended

Not sure how to answer that? we have o365 and currently use skype for business on pc's only. We had a polycom phone at one time running skype for business but the quality and reliabilty wasnt there. so for all of our offices we went to a zoom room solution and bought polycom zoom kits, pc and polycom 8500. We would like to use teams like we did skype for business, connected to calander, start meetings from poly com, display video and use audio and share screen from the meeting. Is this possible? When we had the system connected to skype for business there wasnt any added service, is the teams system going to require some cost if we already have users that have teams subscriptions in the Business professional subscriptions? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.