Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi guys!

So I have an HP ProBook 650 G1 (4G RAM) and I've been using it for almost 5 years now for rather basic stuff but also some gaming (league of legends, factorio, minecraft etc ...).

The last 6 months, I've noticed that the temperature starts getting quite high, even when I'm not really doing something (50-60 degrees) and it gets to around 80-85 when gaming. I almost don't hear the fan and I've cleaned the fan recently as well (got some help from an IT friend). There was actually little dust so ...

Now I've installed Satisfactory (experimental oops) and it sits at full 100 % GPU almost constantly, decent CPU (50 %) and decent RAM (80 % but for some reason my RAM usage has always been super high and not adding up to 4G, at 2-2.5G in my task manager, it sits almost at 100 % already so idk whats going on there.)

Battery is terrible, since the start, my battery lasted like 4 hours (way to go HP telling me it would last 15 hours) and now it lasts like 2 hours so I'm constantly plugging it in (which is not good but 2 hours?).

However, almost immediatly after running the game on the lowest settings, my fan starts to make some noice and when using RealTemp_370 it shows me that my CPU is at 97 degrees sometimes. My keyboard starts getting hot and I'm just worried that something would die and ruin my laptop. So I can't play the game.

Am I asking too much from my laptop? It is a very decent one (despite 4G RAM and like 240G SSD). Reboot is not even 5 seconds and most things run quite fast (most games played at low settings).

Could there be a problem with a component? Thermal paste? Just old? 

Anyway, thanks for helping me out!

Ps: I'm a total newb regarding PC components and stuffs, so please don't start using all kind of difficult stuff 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.