Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My office recently purchased the new Poly Studio v52 video conferencing bar, however it didn't come with a remote. I paired it with the remote from our older Poly Studio USB unit, and in doing so all of the functions work except the volume button. I'm trying to find out what remote is made for the v52 or if there are any other remotes that will work all of the functions on the v52. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_35  Welcome to the Poly HP Support Community. 

The Studio V52 USB bar should contain the Bluetooth remote in the box; below is the link for the user guide. 
Poly Studio V52 User Guide (hp.com)

If you have any further questions, I would request that you contact HP Support, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving kudos or thumbs up and marking my post as an accepted solution.

Regards,

Salman

HP Recommended

Hello @Paul_35 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

From my own personal knowledge, there is no Bluetooth remote included with the Poly Studio V52.

A compatible remote is:

Remote Control 59848 875L4AA N Poly R30/USB BRC Poly R30/USB BRC Poly Studio R30/USB Bluetooth Remote Control 2201-52889-001

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the response, but the remote that you listed is the same one from our Poly Studio USB unit that works all the functions on the v52 except the volume control. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Paul_35 

the above part number is what I was recommended to supply to you.

I paired a Studio USB Bluetooth remote with my V52 running 1.0.0-392032 and I can use the Control to lower or make the audio playing via the V52 speaker louder or quieter.

I am running a Laptop with Windows 11 and use the Poly Studio V52 to play back music from my PC.

If this does not work for you then I suggest you open a ticket with our support team providing them with some logs and a description and details of how this is being used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for your response.

I ended up changing the default speakers setting on the PC from the 2 Samsung TV's that we are using as the 2 monitors to

the Poly v52 and now the remote can control the volume on the unit. 

Thanks,

Paul

HP Recommended

Hello @Paul_35 

from my understanding, the Poly Studio V52 is a USB bar that can be used with a PC or Mac as a Web Camera, a Microphone, and a Speaker.

The user guide >here< shows the HDMI ports as:

HDMI output port 2 (for provisioning support only)

HDMI output port 1 (for provisioning support only)

I am clarifying this with the Product managemnt team so if this is the case the Guide should be updated to contain this detail.

Therefore, based on my udnerstanding, the remote works if no Screen is connected that supports its own speakers.

If you disagree I suggest you open a support ticket.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen,

As I said  above, changing the default output speaker on the PC from the Samsung TV speakers to the Poly v52, the remote

from the Poly Studio USB now controls all of the functions of the v52. So all is resolved.

Thank you,

Paul 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.