Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1250 Deskto
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Microsoft will be coming out with Windows 10, as a free operating system upgrade next month, July 29, 2015. They came out with an app, "Get Windows 10", that is meant to assist with the os upgrade process. Within this app it checks for compatibilty issues that may exists between your computer and their new Windows 10.  I get results for two compatibility issues when I run this app. The one that concerns me is with the video card that came with my computer, AMD Radeon HD 7570. 

The app tells me: "These devices aren't fully compatible with Windows 10" and it also states "You'll experience problems with your display."

Are there any driver updates that address this issue?

The driver I have installed on my pc is Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. version 8.960.11.2000

Windows says that the driver installed is up to date.

If no driver is available to correct this issue will I have to replace the video card in my computer and if so with what?

I am presently using two displays, an LG 22EA53 (Analog) and an Acer S230HL, with no problems with Windows 7, Home Premium, Service Pack 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Malygris1,

Well, son of a gun,... looks like microsoft has made some changes within their updates.

Now when running the "Get Windows 10 app, Check your PC"  it reads in Devices..."0 known issues found".

Looks like with the last minute changes Microsoft is making, like you indicated and others have mentioned about being patient about this, they may(?) have addressed this problem.  Probably won't know for sure till the upgrade is done. 

Guess, for now, I should mark this as Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @RichardAD,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are looking for driver information for your notebook with the Windows 10 upgrade when it becomes available. I am happy to help you with this.

Please visit www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade for more details. HP will provide information on which units have been tested and qualified with Windows 10 as available.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Actually no, I should have listed more info on my desktop PC. It is an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1250 Desktop PC ,

running on Windows 7 SVC Pck 1 Home Premium. 

Not really sure how my post wound up here...I had selected the "Desktop Audio, Video, & Monitors" board when I started making my post.  Oh well, sorry about that. 

Also, no offense, but I don't see how the link you provided helps with my problem. Didn't see any answer there addressing the problem with the AMD Radeon 7570 device and compatibility with windows 10.   I'm guessing that at this point in time it doesn't matter what computer this video card is in it isn't be compatible with windows 10; at least not with the drivers running it.  

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed with a new driver that I am not aware of that already exists; or if either HP or AMD are making some changes to the drivers that will address this problem; or if it's something that needs to be addressed by Microsoft; or if plain and simple, sorry pal you need to replace your video card.  If the last "if" is the case can't someone just say so?  I'd like to have this issue dealt with prior to  windows 10 release.

<script src="http://nexus.ensighten.com/hp/support_prod/code/bc1cea7a4f00de0b5b6d93b7cddc51cb.js?conditionId0=285...

HP Recommended

@RichardAD

It would have been moved here, because although your question is desktop related it is also Windows 10 related. For now, the only information I can give related to drivers and such is on that page. It will be updated as more information becomes available.

Part of the problem is that the operating system is still evolving. Each new build that has been released has addressed things, and often broke something else.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Malygris1,

Thank you for the quick response. Very much appreciated.

Perhaps you can tell me this...

Is there a video card that HP recommends that I can install to replace the AMD video card that came in my PC that is windows 10 compatible(Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver)?

It would need to be able to run two monitors.  

HP Recommended

Malygris1,

Well, son of a gun,... looks like microsoft has made some changes within their updates.

Now when running the "Get Windows 10 app, Check your PC"  it reads in Devices..."0 known issues found".

Looks like with the last minute changes Microsoft is making, like you indicated and others have mentioned about being patient about this, they may(?) have addressed this problem.  Probably won't know for sure till the upgrade is done. 

Guess, for now, I should mark this as Accept as Solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.