Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my laptop stopped booting up overnight.
After pressing the power button for 5 seconds, the num lock lights up and goes out. Sometimes three buttons on top of the wifi, mute the sound and one more I don't know what function it has.
I also turn on the recording to show you how it looks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Mezir 

Welcome to the HP Community.

Please, review the HP official article/guide about such issues you experience now. Follow the appropriate steps that fit your case to attempt to fix the issue:

>> https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06296722

However, based on the video posted, it looks like the CPU (processor) has gone out. One blinking is an indication of a CPU failure >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

I am afraid you will need to replace it [the computer] and consider a new computer (based on the age of your 8470p)

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I just replaced the processor a while ago but the problem still occurs.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your information.

What's the processor you used, where you got it from ? Are you sure it is properly replaced, device properly assembled ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I bought from an online auction, the seller assured me that the processor is in working order. The processor is Intel i5 3320M SR0MX

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Generally speaking, if a CPU replacement only did not work, I would also replace the systemboard.

In addition to that nobody can guarantee you that something will work 100% especially if you bought it from an online action and from a complete stranger. It's recommended that people use genuine parts. Quick check on ebay or Amazon, it costs from 13 to 50 $ , new ones used to cost 227 $

However, this computer's model is extremely old (especially for today's standards). It is highly recommended that you consider a new device. You cannot buy new parts for this PC model and investing in an "ancient device" is not worth it, in my opinion.

I am sorry, I guess I was not clear enough in my first post but If I were you, I would try to sell or re-use whatever components still work (RAM, HDD) and buy a new device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.