Mezir
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

8470p does not want to start

HP Recommended
elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my laptop stopped booting up overnight.
After pressing the power button for 5 seconds, the num lock lights up and goes out. Sometimes three buttons on top of the wifi, mute the sound and one more I don't know what function it has.
I also turn on the recording to show you how it looks.

5 REPLIES 5
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,922 9,816 795 3,787
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Mezir 

Welcome to the HP Community.

Please, review the HP official article/guide about such issues you experience now. Follow the appropriate steps that fit your case to attempt to fix the issue:

>> https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06296722

However, based on the video posted, it looks like the CPU (processor) has gone out. One blinking is an indication of a CPU failure >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

I am afraid you will need to replace it [the computer] and consider a new computer (based on the age of your 8470p)

Hope this helps.

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
Mezir
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just replaced the processor a while ago but the problem still occurs.

0 Kudos
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,922 9,816 795 3,787
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your information.

What's the processor you used, where you got it from ? Are you sure it is properly replaced, device properly assembled ?

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
0 Kudos
Mezir
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought from an online auction, the seller assured me that the processor is in working order. The processor is Intel i5 3320M SR0MX

0 Kudos
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,922 9,816 795 3,787
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Generally speaking, if a CPU replacement only did not work, I would also replace the systemboard.

In addition to that nobody can guarantee you that something will work 100% especially if you bought it from an online action and from a complete stranger. It's recommended that people use genuine parts. Quick check on ebay or Amazon, it costs from 13 to 50 $ , new ones used to cost 227 $

However, this computer's model is extremely old (especially for today's standards). It is highly recommended that you consider a new device. You cannot buy new parts for this PC model and investing in an "ancient device" is not worth it, in my opinion.

I am sorry, I guess I was not clear enough in my first post but If I were you, I would try to sell or re-use whatever components still work (RAM, HDD) and buy a new device.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation