Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-19-2017 04:20 PM
I've just bought the Elitebook x360 1030 g2.
I've an issue the keys for adjusting brightness (f2 + f3) don't work, i 've updated BIOS and still not working. I can adjust the brightness from the taskbar, but for example when i'm in Sureview mode, they brightness did not change neither.
01-16-2018 02:31 PM
I found the solution to my same issue was on this page:
After updating the drivers and firmware via HP Support Assistant, and HP Image Assistant, the buttons didn't seem to ever want to work.
Here are the steps to get them working again.
1) Go into the Device Manager
2) Expand Keyboards
3) Right click on the "Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support"
4) Choose Update Driver
5) Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
6) Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
7) Select Standard PS/2 Keyboard
😎 Restart after it finishes and asks you to.
9) Celebrate your success of having working keyboard brightness buttons by taking your friend out to lunch at Chili's.
06-20-2018 08:33 AM
Here also problems with the brightness keys. Running Windows 1803. Normal I don't use them, I use the menu on the side. But now I hit fn + P by accident. Now the sureview is so dark I can't read it anymore. And now I realy need the brightness keys. The rest of the key like volume a.s.o. are working fine.
03-15-2019 04:44 PM
None of the so called solutions work. This problem began when windows was updated and I've tried every suggested solution to no avail. If someone could nail down what update file caused it that would great...maybe only a reinstall will correct it? Any new suggestions would be welcomed