Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since some time I am unable to connect to my cellular network. I'm not sure exactly what caused the change or when exactly it stopped working since I regularly work in Wifi.

Symptoms:

• When I try to connect using Windows, I get the message that an APN is needed (before the 'default' APN worked fine).

APN-Message.PNG

• Using the Vodafone Mobile Broadband app, I get the message that the connection has failed with the suggestion to make sure that the device is not used by other programs
  • Running the HP Network Check  there is a finding that says that the SIM or Device are locked with reference to a Pin2.

Network-Diag.PNG

• The driver details show that the Generic Microsoft driver is used (and not the driver I expected), and the evenlog shows a 'Device not Migrated message'. 

Driver-Details.PNGDriver-Events.PNG

Actions tried

• I tried multiple (Vodafone) SIMs.
  • I updated the drivers and (notebook) firmware to the laters version through the HP Support Assistant (which might as well have been the cause, since I regularly do this). Also Windows is completely up-to-date.
  • I rolled back to a restorepoint from two months ago.
  • I removed the HP drivers manually and reinstalled manually (sp89031).
  • I tried switching the LTE modem firmware to generic and then back to vodafone.

I'm out of options here. Anyone who can help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

make sure the WWAN card's f/w is up to date and you have the latest drivers... i would then contact Vodafone as this may be an issue with your WWAN data account

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

The firmware is the latest available, and so are the drivers. I use the ones provided by HP.

The dataplan is also not the issue here. I switched the sim-card and also with another card (which functions properly in another device) the error occurs.

Any thoughts on the specific message's / errors / findings I mentioned in my initial post?

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hello. I exactly experienced the same issue today. Suddenly my internet was gone and written “no internet”. I didnt install any update recently. My drivers are the latest version. But I dont know what happened suddenly and it atopes working.

I tried every way that I knew but again no internet and when diagnosed it said “enter a sim card pin2 to unlock your broadband device”. I replaced the sim with another sim but same error. I put the sim in another device and it worked so the sim card is working. 

So after I tried many ways and failed I did system restore and after that everything worked fine. Still I dont know what caused the problem and what solved the problem. 

I really afraid if this problem cones again and system restore couldnt aolve the problem 

please let us know if you find the solution. 

My device is Hp elite x2 g1 -snapdragone x5 lte -win10 -all drivers and windows 10 are up to date. 

Please help.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.