Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Eliteboot 840 G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I turn on my laptop I receive a notification:

"A REQUEST HAS BEEN MADE TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM'S SECURE BOOT CONFIGURATION WHICH MAY AFFECT THE SECURE BOOT KEYS AND/OR MAY DISABLE SECURE BOOT

PLEASE TYPE IN AND ENTER THE BELOW NUMBER FOR AUTHORIZATION

{RANDOM NUMBER}"

Whether I  enter the random number or not it still restarts a second or less after pressing Enter.  If I press ESC pre or post notification it shows "Entering BIOS" at the bottom left of the screen but it doesn't enter the BIOS Menu.   I can confirm this is most likely not a hardware issue since the laptop is less then 2 weeks old and I had run a full diagnostic on it about an hour prior to getting stuck in the loop and all results showed passing. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

do it change something if you keep pressed the power-on button for at least 30 seconds when the computer is off ?

bye

HP Recommended

I've held the power button down for more than a minute unplugged a few times. It does seem to wipe the nvram and drain the charge but always ends up posting to the same message again.  I've also tried Win+B, win+V, power and  all function keys, nothing has been able to get it out of the loop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.