Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So I called customer support regarding battery replacement and they said warranty period of battery is 1 year.
But my laptop is under extended warranty of 3 years. So they said extended warranty does not count and asked me to check terms and conditions on hp website. I did check and found this line under terms and conditions - "An extended warranty applied to the notebook does apply to the battery, but is applicable only during the first 3 years". My laptop is under first 3 years period. 
So I said I my battery should covered under warranty but they refuse to agree. 
Here is the link https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05843717. Check under long life removable battery section.
Shouldn't be my battery covered under warranty?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@aashish47 

Our community cannot address warranty issues - we are not HP Support.

I have passed along a request that someone (internal) take a look.

Should there be a response, you will see a response here (on this thread) before anyone contacts you using other methods.

Be prepared to provide (if you have it) any documentation regarding your purchased Care Pack.

If you would like to check the status that is available to  you online, please do so.

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.