Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Using the EliteBook 850 G5 in our business; I uninstalled the PhoneWise app, but keep getting prompted:

HP PhoneWise Driver Install Error

Installing drive failed because bluetooth ia off or unavailabe.  Please click ok to enable bluetooth.

We do not want bluetooth turned on and do not want PhoneWise.  How can we prevent this message from appearing?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@SSB196

I have not used this software.

I can offer a couple of comments and perhaps where to look to dig this application out of your File System.

FAQ - HP PhoneWise

This appears to be a Windows Store Application -- and there is is similar software listed in the Elitebook's Software and Driver Support page > Software Solutions > HP Workwise Service

If you have not done so, try removing the application from the Start Screen Application list (Windows key > list by apps)

Check / Remove the HP PhoneWise Windows Application from Start

The application might be under category "HP" >

Open the category, Right-Click on the application > select Uninstall 

After the software is removed, Restart the computer and log in

The software might in some odd way be tied to the HP WorkWise Service Software.

I don't know the consequences of removing this software if you are using it -- if you are not using it and you find it in Programs and Features, uninstall it:

Create a Restore Point before making any changes

Stop programs, games, browsers > Create a Restore Point

Control Panel > icon view > System > System Protection

Click (Highlight) your main disk (C) > Select Create a Restore Point

Uninstall the HP WorkWise Software

Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features

Scroll down, find, Right-Click on the software > Uninstall

After the software is uninstalled, Restart the computer and log in

If you like, (re)Install the HP Workwise software

Open  HP Workwise Service

Download, save, and install the software

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

If all else fails, consider switching on Bluetooth long enough to install and then remove the HP PhoneWise Windows Store Application.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Anyone figured this out yet?  I need to get it off of a bunch of laptops........

-m

HP Recommended

Had the same problem and found solution: you have to uninstall it from Apps and Features as well.

HP Recommended

Dude, Run Task Scheduler with Admin Rights. Look for HP folder under left folder tree then double click on it. You will see a scheduled task for it in the main window, it is set to run at every log in, right click on it and delete it. Took alot of time to find this little pain in the arse!

HP Recommended

Thanks TomPio.  I hadn't seen the scheduled task.

What I've done is to write a powershell script to uninstall the HP PhoneWise Drivers using the uninstall string from the Registry and then delete the schedule task.  Pushing this out with SCCM.

Works as far as I can see.  No more UAC prompts for the manitenance task and nothing has stopped working without the drivers installed

HP Recommended

Hey, you wouldn't happen to still have that script lying around or remember what keys would you? I'm running into the same issue and all support could suggest is re-imaging the machine 😞

HP Recommended

I just went through the keys under "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" and "HKLM:\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" to find HP PhoneWise and got the uninstall string for the version of PhoneWise we were removing to put in the script.  MSI GUID is version dependent, so what I have may not work for you.  Best to get the right one for your system.

I used the powershell "Unregister-ScheduledTask -TaskName 'HP PhoneWise Device Maintenance' -Confirm:$False" to remove the scheduled task.  As mentioned earlier in this thread, uninstalling the drivers does not remove the task.

Job done 🙂

HP Recommended

Cool, thank you! I'm supposed to look into it again tomorrow so I'll give that a shot.

HP Recommended

Same question, and I have tried all the way searched from google(except reimage) .

Finally, I have found a way to completely uninstall the program.

First, download the install package again, then , double click to run it;

Find the decompress directory like "c:/SWsetup/SPxxxx/";

You will find a bat file named uninstall.bat, click run as administrator and wait a moment .

Maybe you'd  like to drink a cup of coffee now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.