Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 455 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought HP Probook 455 G7 yesterday and today when I turn on this laptop update all drivers trought HP Support Assistant. After the update BIOS to version 01.02.01 Rev. A, webcam stopped working. During BIOS update i remember the message: component updatet "Flash erase failed". I found on this community that is problem with camera firmware, and help Realtek firmware update with this file:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/apps-won-t-recognize-integrate... . But this solution works only for webcam with this HW ID: VID_0BDA&PID_5852. I have differenet camera with this ID: VID_0BDA&PID_5846. There is also for this camera a correction firmware?

I also doing a test and I got this error code: QC2FXF-A8DA8E-MFPU3F-Q39603. My product ID: 12X19EA#BCM.  In device manager in Windows 10 (2004) shows only USB Boot, in webcam section. 

I need to fix this problem as soon as possible. I bought a new laptop and it must now solve. In the future, I will be very much considering buying an HP laptop.

Sorry for my English, I am from Slovakia. I hope HP will resolve this issue as soon as possible. Before this BIOS update Camera working perfectly, I tested.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After 2 weeks notebook came from the servis. Webcam now working fine. Webcam has been replaced with a new one, I currently have this version of the bios: 01.02.01 Rev. A. I'll see if HP can fix it so that more similar errors don't happen when updating the BIOS. But now I will definitely not perform the update in the near future.

HP could pull out this flawed update from now on. So that unsuspecting people don't have to complain about new laptops.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello @Tomas_207 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try installing an older (initial) version of the BIOS and revering back to it if the newest one causes you issues. Download it and run it from here >> https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101969.exe

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

When I updated to the version you sent I got this message. But update is sucesfully installed. In device manager always showing only USB Boot in camera. I tried install official HP universal camera but without effect.IMG_20200927_212124.jpgIMG_20200927_211406.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

The FW USB-C message you posted above is not an issue, just an information.

Camera appearing as USB Boot in Device Manager is an issue but the latest BIOS should have it fixed.

Please, install again the latest BIOS version 01.02.01 >> https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105930.exe

Download and run HP Image Assistant >> https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

>> https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107374.exe

and ensure all drivers and FWs  are updated.

If you still face the issue, please post back. I will reply back tomorrow.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Ahoj @Tomas_207 

Did you manage to update the drivers/BIOS, etc as per suggestion ?

Do you see any progress on your end ?

HP Recommended

I updated BIOS but with no changes. Also in HP image no update available. All drivers are up to date. I try to uninstall USB Boot device a restart pc. Then install driver for webcam but it still same. USB Boot device only shows.

HP Recommended

I will soon send you a private message. Please, check it and try it.

Pay attention to the notification from the envelope up there near your username

HP Recommended

Hi,  

any progress on this issue ? 

Same problem here, after installation new computer i started updates with support assistant.

And i have same problem with camera, also other things looks wierd after bios update, like some updates just canceled installation and are no longer avalible in support assistant.

hw id: VID_0BDA&PID_5852

HP Recommended

I have some problem with web-camera - In Device manager it's show as Usb Boot  in camera Node . My camera ID is  VID_0BDA&PID_5846  .

I use the latest version of bios.

Please help me 

HP Recommended

I think it will only help to replace the entire camera module. 5 days ago I sent the laptop to an authorized service in Slovakia (SWISS) for a free repair under warranty. Unfortunately, this software probably can't be fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.