Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply soccer_dan.

I know that you can hide those updates, but thanks for the info anyways.

First I have to find out on the HP support website which updates to install and which not (updates for the dock or not), because the info in the HP Support Manager is a little short.

I found out on the HP support website that some softpaqs need to be installed after you install some other drivers (obviously not included in de softpaq itself) or remove the earlier version of the driver first.

That info is not provided in both the Softpaq Download Manager and the HP Support manager.

It would be great if you would suggest that.

Or perhaps HP can put it (at least) in the name of the provided updates.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I've had contact a few times with HP support last week.

They asked me to perform a hard reset by removing the battery and holding down the power button for 20 seconds.

Unfortunately this didn't help.

On their request I've also made an IDR log for HP Support with their Image Diagnostics software, but they couldn't find anything in the log which could verify the fans issue.

After a good discussion, and finding out that the fan problem didn't only occur when being in Windows 7 64, but also when being in the BIOS... Their conclusion was that it probably is a hardware problem with the fans module.

I now have to decide of returning mine again and report the unit as a DOA.

Anyone else (Stuart maybe? You have 5 units with the same problem...) has contacted HP support, and has any helpful information for me?

Would be nice to hear something from you . . .

kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Got a new HP Zbook 15 studio G3 with the same issue.

When I run a virtual machine on it and the cpu load gets above 20% the fans starts spinning.

This is not a real problem, but the constant fluctuation of the rpm is very annoing.

(even collegues accross the room start complaining)

I am running bios 1.07 (sp75837)

Window 10

Product No. T7W00EA

I haven't contacted HP support yet.

HP Recommended

The 1.08 BIOS rev for the Studio G3 includes support for Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework feature of the processors. This feature also required the installation of a Windows driver: sp74284 (either Windows 7 or 10)

This can help wit heat generation (and therefore fan noise) when the CPU is heavily usilized. however, it may not do much with high discrete graphics utiilzation

HP is still working on how to better tune the fan on the Studio based on heat sensors around the motherboard

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Wilco,

Please report to HP Support.

Hope they can find a solution for us.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

soccer_dan,

The 1.08 BIOS rev was available till monday last week in the HP Softpaq Dowload Manager and on the HP support website.

But since tuesday last week the BIOS update disappeared from the website and later also from the Softpaq Download Manager.

Sorry, but I don't believe the story about heat generation, because my sample of this notebook is having this issue when only under 10 - 15% load.

Also this problem is the same when not in Windows, but in BIOS.

I really do hope HP can sort this out . . .

Kind regards

HP Recommended
I think they pulled it ... Makes me nervous since I upgraded to 1.08.. Could be a coincidence but now my USB ports on the dock almost never work, or randomly stop working. DIsplay issues seem to be less severe lately.. But not flawless yet.
HP Recommended

Hi Stuart,

Good to hear from you again.

How about your fan issues?

Do you still have problems with the 5 units?

Did you report your problems to HP support?

Hope to hear from you soon . . .

Kind regards

HP Recommended
I am seeing the fan speed CONSTANTLY being adjusted with every little blip of activity. Very annoying and yes all my units are doing it. To be clear I am not talking about high cpu load fan noise and only the constantly changing fan speed at pretty much near idle cpu load.
HP Recommended

Hi Stuart,

Exactly the same here.

But did you already report it to HP?

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.