cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 429 29 216
Message 71 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The fix is in! (So to speak)
The official BIOS fix will be released next month. (Mid November.)
I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dvanlierop
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 72 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iMaxx, Are you referring to the Zbook Sudio G only or is it also for the Probook 640/650 lineup?

dionoid
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 73 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is great news, iMaxx!!!!

Thanks for the update.

SpawnSP2
3 3 0 1
Message 74 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great news! Our nerves will appreciate this so much 😉

RBolt
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 75 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maxx thnx for your efforts! REALLY appreciated (and by my colleagues too!) 

dionoid
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 76 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi iMaxx, do you happen to know if the issue was in the fan speed PWM lookup tables in the BIOS?

Thanks

dvanlierop
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 77 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For all who are interested,

Today i have spoken with HP support. The 2nd line support team has acknowledged that there also will be a BIOS fix for the FAN problem for the HP Probook 650 series. It will probablly be available around November, but no exact date was given.

NS8
Level 3
38 26 1 10
Message 78 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

great news, any tweaks coming to the Zbook 15 G3?

will there be any user selection in the BIOS to control how aggressive the fan is or it fixed?

NS8
Level 3
38 26 1 10
Message 79 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@iMaxx

great news, any tweaks coming to the Zbook 15 G3?

will there be any user selection in the BIOS to control how aggressive the fan is or is it a fixed fan profile?

vijfsolae
3 1 0 0
Message 80 of 106
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any access to the bios update available for beta testing?  Prior to general release?  The constant ocilating whirring is truly annoying, as you have all stated.  A fix in the future is good a patch today is better.

Thanks,

Soli Deo Gloria
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation