Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
The fix is in! (So to speak)
The official BIOS fix will be released next month. (Mid November.)
I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

iMaxx, Are you referring to the Zbook Sudio G only or is it also for the Probook 640/650 lineup?

HP Recommended

This is great news, iMaxx!!!!

Thanks for the update.

HP Recommended

Great news! Our nerves will appreciate this so much 😉

HP Recommended

Maxx thnx for your efforts! REALLY appreciated (and by my colleagues too!) 

HP Recommended

Hi iMaxx, do you happen to know if the issue was in the fan speed PWM lookup tables in the BIOS?

Thanks

HP Recommended

For all who are interested,

Today i have spoken with HP support. The 2nd line support team has acknowledged that there also will be a BIOS fix for the FAN problem for the HP Probook 650 series. It will probablly be available around November, but no exact date was given.

HP Recommended

great news, any tweaks coming to the Zbook 15 G3?

will there be any user selection in the BIOS to control how aggressive the fan is or it fixed?

HP Recommended

@iMaxx

great news, any tweaks coming to the Zbook 15 G3?

will there be any user selection in the BIOS to control how aggressive the fan is or is it a fixed fan profile?

HP Recommended

Is there any access to the bios update available for beta testing?  Prior to general release?  The constant ocilating whirring is truly annoying, as you have all stated.  A fix in the future is good a patch today is better.

Thanks,

Soli Deo Gloria
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.