Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Help! I’ve just made an order on the website and accidentally used an incorrect address. Obviously I

haven't had any confirmation and can’t create an account because the verification goes to the wrong email. I do t know what to do. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MHadlow78 wrote:

... can’t create an account because the verification goes to the wrong email. I do t know what to do. 

@MHadlow78 

Normally the confirmation process only valid for a day or two. It will be automatically cancelled after that time. You can reorder now using your RIGHT email address.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don’t understand. Are you saying that the order will not progress unless it is verified? The email that I used is a genuine email address but doesn't belong to me and I don’t know the owner.

HP Recommended

@MHadlow78 wrote:

I don’t understand. Are you saying that the order will not progress unless it is verified?

@MHadlow78 

I did say that. Unless OTHER user wanted to buy your machine and he/she replied. Do you have order number ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I don't have an order number. I was relying on the email as a record of my order number.

Can I just check, does every order that is placed require some sort of response to an email?

Apologies if I'm coming across as a bit dim but I've never come across a system like this before.

HP Recommended

@MHadlow78 

I always have confirm emails (right email) when order online and vendors ONLY process my orders AFTER my reply to confirm my orders.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

@MHadlow78 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

@banhien Thanks for the support 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I've replied to your private message and await further instruction. Your assistance is very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.