Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 430 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to all,

i have an HP ProBook 430 G7 connected to a HP USB-C Mini Dock, connected to a 65W USB-C / AC Power supply.

In this configuration, the notebook doesn't charge itself.

Please note this:

1. The notebook charges it normally with a classical AC power supply

2. The HP USB-C Mini Dock seems to works normally without the 65W USB-C /AC Power supply. I connected to it an HDMI cable, an ethernet cable and some usb devices and they works.

3. When i connect the 65W USB-C/AC Power Supply directly to the USB-C port on the notebook, the charging works.

Any ideas.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The Probook 430 g7 laptops supports Power Delivery over the usb-c port... The HP Mini Dock should pass power across to the laptop. Are you using an HP 65W usb-c power adapter or 3rd party? if not HP, you might have an adapter that is not negotiating the appropriate voltage required by the laptop, If you plug in the usb-c power adapter directly to the laptop's usb-c port, do you see it charging? if not, then the adapter is not compatible (e.g. not supplying the required voltage/current to satisfy charging

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi,

my USB-C / AC Adapter is an original HP product (https://store.hp.com/ItalyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=7EZ26AA&opt=ABB&sel=ACC)  recommended to me by the HP sales office.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.