Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 4195nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the version of Mini Displayport in HP Spectre 4195nr?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey, 

I am glad that you were able to talk to someone.

Yes, some of them do not transmit video and audio, but rather just video. The HP Introduces Its Most Premium and Versatile PC press release states it does come with version 1.2. 

I hope that helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there @Satmak

Welcome to the Support Forums! I read your post and see that you are looking to find out the version of the Mini Displayport on your HP Spectre 13-4195nr x360 Convertible PC. Here is what I found, I hope that it helps: 

The specifications don't clearly state the actual version of the Mini Display port: I am not sure if there might be 3rd party software which could help identify the port version or not (like CPUz helps identifying various components on a motherboard).

The video graphics "Intel HD graphics 520" seem to be Mini Port 1.2 certified but that doesn't precisely mean that there is a 1.2 port.

I managed to find some HP News called HP Introduces Its Most Premium and Versatile PC; it seems that the press release states it does come with 1.2. 

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking this post as an Accepted Solution if it resolves the issue for you.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

Have a magnificent day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks @EmeraldAvenger

I got chance to talk to HP case manager, he mentioned that mini displayport that comes with 4195nr can transmit video only. It cannot transmit audio. I still don't know what exactly is the version of the port.

HP Recommended

Hey, 

I am glad that you were able to talk to someone.

Yes, some of them do not transmit video and audio, but rather just video. The HP Introduces Its Most Premium and Versatile PC press release states it does come with version 1.2. 

I hope that helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, HP Spectre 4195nr is not one of them which transmits both video and audio, via mini displayport

Also, it seems that it's version 1.2.

I think version number and capability should have been mentioned clearly in specificaitons.

Thanks @EmeraldAvenger for your help on this issue. Realy appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.