Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a refurbished ZBook 17 G3 when I first activated it I was asked to rub my finger on the fingerprint scanner and it was successfully accepted.  However, after this the finger print has not worked and when I check system settings, all the Windows Hello settings are not available, including fingerprint and pin.

I cannot change the pin or get fingerprint working.  In device manager, I have the Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=003F) as Boimetric device which is up to date.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you initially used the HP CLient Security manager to have the single sign on with fingerprint and want to use Windows Hello, you will likely have to remove the CSM software (add/remove programs) first... then you should be able to use Windows Hello and register fingerprints. I would also make sure you update BIOS and drivers (use HP Image Assistant)... 

If you used HP CSM and have fingerprint support starting at the BIOS, make sure you remove those from the BIOS also

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find HP CSM, I also checked services but could not find any thing like this.

HP Recommended

Then, you will probably need to install the Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Driver - Softpaq sp90240 - for Windows 10 versions up to 1909

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.