Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

For what it's worth, here's a full list of everything in my Installed Programs under Windows:

Installed.png

And here's what's shown in the SDM update Window:

SDM Installed and Hidden.png

HP Recommended

I'm going to add a link to the other thread, which has been even more active lately, dealing with essentially the same issues.  That way, at least we've got one place to continue the discussion...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Zbook-Thunderbolt-3-Dock-USB-ports-not-working/td...

HP Recommended

Thanks. 

It would be great if they found a proper resolution to this or at the very least honored their onsite warranties.

HP Recommended

So we actually finally have a working solution for this (crappy) product:

First; ALL of our docking station thunderbolt connector cables had a factory defect. Some of the pins were ruined (extremely difficult to see with your eyes) - this of course made everything extremely unreliable!

Second; If you are using Citrix Receiver software - believe it or not, but we had to upgrade to the newest version. This solution came directly from HP, and it works. For some reason the previous version makes the USB ports not work... (??)

So now with new thunderbolt cables and the newest version of Citrix Receiver everything magically works. No need for firmware-, BIOS- or driver-updates.

Amazing that this piece of hardware ever made it out to ENTERPRISE clients (as docking stations are mainly a enterprise thing). We are seriously thinking about switching to Dell in the future.

HP Recommended

Which version of the Citrix webreceiver are you using because all my attempts have failed...

HP Recommended

This may help you. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05302938&sp4ts.oid=8693763

And from Citrix

https://docs.citrix.com/pt-br/receiver/windows/4-4/receiver-windows-44-about/receiver-for-windows-4-...

If the USB ports only are not working, the ASMEdia controller driver needs to be installed properly. It controls the USB ports on the dock. It will install as an application, so make sure that the version of the application is the latest one from the product support page of your system. When the dock is connected, then in Device Manager you should see a new ASMedia controller driver appear. I believe it will be under the USB devices. Make sure that this version matches the application version. If they are not, try reinstalling the ASmedia softpaq. 

HP Recommended
What I ment is that I have tried all kind of versions of citrix receiver for 4.3 to the latest.
Once the client is installed the problems begin and when you remove the citrix client everything works fine....
HP Recommended

Hi!

We are currently using version 4.5 (14.5.0.10018).

Also, you should make sure you upgrade BIOS and the firmware for the dock itself. I think there were two different firmwares, one for USB on the dock and one general for the dock.

HP Recommended

This seems to be related to the Plantronics Headset im my case. The steps to correct the issue that I took were :

1.removed Thunderbolt software from programs and features

2. Unplugged Plantronics from the dock

3.Unplugged docking station

4. Downloaded ASMedia extensible host controller

5. Plugged in docking station

6. Open device manager and look for unknown base device

7. right click and update driver "point it to the ASMedia driver you just downloaded"

8. Ran Windows updates.

"https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elite-thunderbolt-3-65w-dock/9822172"5

HP Recommended

I noticed that the issue happens because the dock is not recognized as unplugged.

And when you replug it, connections are not restored because it thinks it was never unplugged.

I'm on Windows 10 x64 Enterprise b1709.

This can be observed by going to device manager and checking the USB devices at the bottom of the list.

When the dock is unplugged "ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" should disappear from the list but it doesn't.

Even if I use Safely remove hardware it sometimes hangs and shows a triangle on the device.

In device manager Scan for hardware changes also hangs in that case.

Then I have to unplug and replug it several times before it's recognized that it was really unplugged and then it really disappers from the list.

Same thing happens with ethernet adapter which is located in the dock.

I currently have the latest drivers for everything. I used HP image assistant software to update everything.

So please focus on checking why the system can't detect that the dock has been unplugged.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.