Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi im on my other computer atm but my laptop is a HP 4050s running windows 7  ultimate 64 bit i installed HP security manager but i could find no options or places to download the finger print scanner software now my computer wont let me log ib with out a valid fingerprint and its btelling me to go to www.hp.com/go/techcenter/PCDiags i have gone there but found nothing useful can anyone help it is asking me to download finger print software after my password.

Please help.......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @matthew79,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the fingerprint reader. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please get back to me, so I can help you.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @matthew79,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the fingerprint reader. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please get back to me, so I can help you.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi i amtaking the laptop to my computer fix it man .

Altho the site is probably going to help i would recomend to anyone and everyone DO NOT BUY a HP.

The amount of problems with the 4540s is rediculous if you have purchased one SELL IT NOW to some cump and buy asus.

HP Recommended

This solution does not work on my HP-13-ah0051wm - non-touch. I have actually spent 2 hours with HP support trying to get this device to work (BIOS update, Windows update, uninstall-reinstall driver, redo Windows Hello, etc.). Not to mention at least 8 hours on my own.  It seems like if I uninstall/re-install the driver AND redo my fingerprint in Windows Hello that it works once, maybe twice and then never again. I believe that the device simply does not work on my computer.

Tom

HP Recommended

When i had problem with my finger print, i figured out that i had to register the fingerprints in HPs software and not directly in windows hello.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. However, I cannot find any HP fingerprint software on my laptop, I think it was called something simiiar to SimpleSafe in the past.  Likewise, HP tech support did not point me in that direction. Meanwhile, the clock is running down on my warranty free support.  Tom.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Go to this page https://support.hp.com/us-en

And enter your serial number and you should be taken to the download page for your computer and there the software should be listed in Software and Driver Downloads you find the category Software-Security, there it should be.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.