Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP VR Backpack G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I am trying to use the new G2 lighting utility, however it does not work on any of our G2 backpacks (nor our G1 or Omen backpacks either). I get "this hardware is not compatible" error regardless of what I have done. I have tried installing all drivers and running the command prompt as admin with zero luck.

Not only that, but if you reference this post made 8 months ago, someone was having the same exact issue: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-VR-Backpack-Lig...

If you look at the solution, it says the person was able to get in contract with the VR team (in my case, all my VR points of contact have moved companies or positions and I can no longer get ahold of them either) and that there would be an update released soon regarding that issue, but 8 months have passed and the current utility download from the HP driver website is still the original and dated before the post was even made. So clearly it has not been updated and I have no other options since this issue resides with this version that I have and I cannot get a different one.

If someone can help me out and at the very least, get me a link to the new build, I would appreciate it as currently this backpack is useless to me until I can get this working.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TJD269

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.