Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Device Manager
Other

I have a problem when using th First contact Rule in HPDM to image a device with ThinPro 7.1

We have HPDM 5.0.7 running on Windows server 2012  with a remote SQL database.

We have HP T630 devices running Thinpro OS and have been using this several years without any problem.

We use First contact rule to trigger an installation on any new devices that are connected (usually when a device is replaced by the servicedesk).

Some time back I discovered that some mashines fail during installation using first contact rule.

The first contact rule triggers a template that deploy our Thinpro 7.1 image, update bios, reconfigures bios and change background.

It's the same rule that has been in place for several years without any problems and the same image is deployed. 

Devices trigger the first contact rule and restart to the grey minilinux (or what ever it's called) to download the image but fail after a minute or so with the following messages in the log.

2021-09-20 12:36:24 Map repository to: Master Repository

2021-09-20 12:36:24 Successfully sent task to the HPDM Gateway

2021-09-20 12:36:27 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.

2021-09-20 12:38:57 Task has been retrieved by the Agent.

2021-09-20 12:39:01 [Error code: 1083392] [Module: Agent] [Category: Other HPDM workflow error]

2021-09-20 12:39:01 [Error Details]: Deploy image using repository Master Repository. Failed to download Taby_20210920v1.dd.gz from /Repository/Images/IMG_Taby_20210920v1. Failed to execute DeployImage task. ErrorCode: 1083392, Error Info: ../../Task/linux/ImageTask_ThinPro6.cpp@345: Imaging Operating Failed. ../../Task/common/ImageTask.cpp@255: Error Code: 127 ../../Task/common/ImageTask.cpp@254: ./ftpclient/HttpClient.cpp@471: Failed to login 10.240.1.85:443, HTTP respond status code :400

2021-09-20 12:39:01 Failed to execute common task.

2021-09-20 12:39:01 ErrorCode: 1083392

If i deploy the same template manually it works without any problem.

I have tried to create a new first contact rule with the same result. 

I have tried to deploy a new image in the template with the same result.

I have tried to update agent as first action in the template with the same result.

I don't know how to fix this problem and can't find anything when searching for the error messages.

I'm stuck and need help!

Best regards,

Johan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Try to update the agent first?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.