Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ... 

i made topic here . Please read it to know everything

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/i-cant-active-ahci/td-p/8187614

but until now i dont recived support ... samsung and microsoft say the problem from hp ... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

1.  For many years HP has sent their Z workstations out new from the factory with that storage option in BIOS set to "RAID + AHCI" even when most purchasers will never use RAID.  Intel also recommends to use that same setting.  Its name in BIOS can be a bit different from HP workstation to HP workstation.  So I do that when I'm doing clean installs, but really don't think there would be a downside if you just set it to AHCI before a clean install if you're never going to use RAID.  I'm sticking with how HP does it, however.

2.  Read the bottom 3 posts HERE :

Samsung Magician shows SATA AHCI Deactivated. UEFI show the opposite Solved - Windows 10 Forums (ten...

This issue goes on and on and on... it is part of why I don't fully trust Samsung SSDs and their Magician software.  I choose Intel SSDs over Samsung ones unless there is a good reason to buy Samsung.

3.  Here is an older post on this topic:

Check if my SSD in runing on AHCI mode inside Windows 7 - Super User

The main point I want to convey is that every time I've seen Samsung Magician report AHCI was not active and I've then run AS SSD AHCI has in fact been reported by AS SSD as properly active.  The post has a picture of how it looks when active, and when it is not.  Take a look at those two.

Huge waste of time over the years due to Samsung just not caring enough to fix this false reporting issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I don't think this is your problem but it is worth knowing, and then the answer will be below:

During clean installs of the OS if the storage setting in BIOS is "IDE" you will not get the proper AHCI drivers installed.  This is a rare example of a BIOS setting resulting in a crippled OS install.  You want  "RAID + AHCI"... not "IDE" set in BIOS and that will result in getting both IDE and AHCI drivers properly installed.

Here is the answer:  For years the Samsung Magician SSD utility has incorrectly reported the AHCI status.  There are other utilities that report it correctly.  I'll try to find an old example picture for you.  I have no idea why a company as big as Samsung can't get that corrected.

HP Recommended

befour i setup a  fresh windows . i change the SATA mode to AHCI only . as a pic show 

20211014_192329.jpg

and when install windows the storage control show to me i have AHCI mode . like this pic

Untitled.png

and when  conc microsoft they make a remote support to my pc . and check my registy and say all is good .

and samsung say somthing wrong in your bios and the same for microsoft say that .... but i dont know what the problem 

i have a ls version for bios and last windows version and last version samasung magican  

HP Recommended

1.  For many years HP has sent their Z workstations out new from the factory with that storage option in BIOS set to "RAID + AHCI" even when most purchasers will never use RAID.  Intel also recommends to use that same setting.  Its name in BIOS can be a bit different from HP workstation to HP workstation.  So I do that when I'm doing clean installs, but really don't think there would be a downside if you just set it to AHCI before a clean install if you're never going to use RAID.  I'm sticking with how HP does it, however.

2.  Read the bottom 3 posts HERE :

Samsung Magician shows SATA AHCI Deactivated. UEFI show the opposite Solved - Windows 10 Forums (ten...

This issue goes on and on and on... it is part of why I don't fully trust Samsung SSDs and their Magician software.  I choose Intel SSDs over Samsung ones unless there is a good reason to buy Samsung.

3.  Here is an older post on this topic:

Check if my SSD in runing on AHCI mode inside Windows 7 - Super User

The main point I want to convey is that every time I've seen Samsung Magician report AHCI was not active and I've then run AS SSD AHCI has in fact been reported by AS SSD as properly active.  The post has a picture of how it looks when active, and when it is not.  Take a look at those two.

Huge waste of time over the years due to Samsung just not caring enough to fix this false reporting issue.

HP Recommended

Yes, you are right ... 99% the problem from samsung . and send to him all replays from HP . and Microsoft ... and now dont responde my Queries ... 

in my opinion may be this problem get from unsign  Driver for samsung magican....

older version for samsung magican " 2017 version " say my ACHI is active .... 

you are right samsung dont care about this bugs .. i think is easy problem for samsung engineers .. why dont car about this bugs  .. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.