Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Yeah, I was just wondering.. how do I become an HP Expert and how do I get into product testing and test products in my home?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is a link that will give you that information...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Expert-Portal/ct-p/expert

HP Recommended

Hey @xer0g,

Opinion:

In essence, you can become an HP Expert if you start contributing a lot of good information and be helpful to a wide range of users. The forum uses Kudos and Accepted solutions as quantitative performance measurements so boosting those stats is a good first step to becoming an Expert.

You don't even need to have IT qualification, job experience, etc. I.E. I'm just a senior high student assisting others to the best of my ability.

I believe Expert considerations are done near the end of the year although there are exceptions.

Good luck!

All the best,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Are you asking how to be an Expert in this forum or how to be an expert in product testing as a job?

HP Recommended

As a former HP Expert, once your expertise and enthusiasm is recognized and you are invited to become an HP Expert, it is pretty much all about measurables, i.e. the nunber of posts you make, the amount of time you spend, and the number of "Kudos" you receive.  IMHO, stupid stuff, and it became more like a job, than the hobby that I viewed it as.  I also recieved a few devices to try out and learn on, in order to be able to help other users.  My "expertise" was in HP's retired technologies, i.e. Palm and webOS.  When those boards saw less and less traffic, I posted fewer and fewer responses, and eventually was un-Experted because of it.  It was fun while it lasted, and I still come back to post when I see stuff that I care about, just nowhere near as often as I did when my Expert status was driven by post count and time spent here.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

@smkranz, that's unfortunate to hear and I completely understand what you're talking about.

I feel that there is quite a bit of emphasis on time spent and the quantitative statistics on the forum. 

It gets a bit harder logging on every time and trying to keep those stats at good levels so I have a lot of respect for the long-standing members of the forum who've managed to stay online/consistent for 10+ years. 

It's becoming increasingly hard to balance time spent here and school work. The only thing that's kinda pushing me is the fact that the IB programme has something called CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service) where you have to commit a few hours to each section every week or else you cannot graduate with the diploma. I'm trying to make sure I can volunteer my time here as part of CAS.

Anyhow, the HP Expert program is definitely a nice program where you get the opportunity to loan devices, attend meetups, etc. It doesn't require the most technical knowledge but I have to agree it may not be for everyone because of commitment issues. 

- Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.