Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
SPAM
Other

Hi,

I keeps getting email from HP.

the sender shows "HP Australia [mailto:crm-ccm.ap-ipg@newsgram.hp.com]"

I have unsubscribe everytimes and I keeps recieving the SPAM.

I don't know where did HP get my email address and I have not subscript any newsletter from HP(or anywhere)

I used to like the laptop from HP.

But I am losing trust for HP real quick.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This has been an ongoing issue given the number of postings from people who can't unsubscribe (going back to 2015).

The marketing email platform/database is either broken or the marketing automation team has turned off unsubscribes (not likely, but who knows...). Either way, it's a display of incompetence AND it's an illegal practice--FCC guidelines are very strict: a company must remove a user from the database and stop sending emails within 10 days. No exceptions. 

As an email marketer for enterprise companies like HP, it's a bummer to see a simple problem go unfixed...especially when on the receiving end of endless emails I and many other don't want to receive. 

[post edited]

HP support team: no doubt you'll read this reply. YOU NEED TO ESCALATE THIS ISSUE TO THE TEAM THAT HANDLES EMAIL MARKETING/MARKETING AUTOMATION.  This is a serious issue, as HP is violating the CAN-SPAM Act. 

HP Recommended

@ErTaylor

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Would you please forward the issue to them again, I am still getting the HP Newsletter a few times a month. And noone has contacted me.

No email, No PM, Nothing at all.

HP Recommended

@MarkTFL

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I got a PM from them(Jeffhelp) on 04-17-2018 asking for the request details.

And then.... nothing happens, got SPAM email from HP on April 20, April 23, May 2, May 15 and May 23

I guess the solution is changing my email address and stop using HP products, well,  atleast stop giving HP any personal info.

HP Recommended

@MarkTFL

I regret any confusion.  I will re-escalate your post.  Please let us know if you are not contacted.

I have re-escalated your concerns to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi Dennis,

Not sure what do you mean, 

can you be more specify then giving me a whole webpage with generic information about HP privacy policy?

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.