Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I just want to confirm that the plotter will print from the control panel. If that is the case you need to go to the same menu and print the service config which will contain the ip settings of the jet direct card. See if you can ping that ip address from the computer. To ping just go to run and then type in cmd and hit enter. In the black box that comes up type ping followed by the ip address and then hit enter. Tell up if you get a response.

HP Recommended

Here is the response for the "ping":

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\rldic>ping 192.168.1.110

Pinging 192.168.1.110 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.110: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=60
Reply from 192.168.1.110: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=60

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.110:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 1ms

I printed out the configuration.

The plotter card is configured for HP GL/2.  All I can download is postscript drivers.  I assume that is a problem.  Is there a way to change the printer configuration to accept postscript in lieu of GL/2?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

It not works.  Only problem, I have to plot to an Adobe .pdf before I can plot.  Doesn't seem to want to accept a .plt file from AutoCAD but I think I can solve that problem.

Thank You.:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I have an HP1050C running on Windows 10.  I would like to send plot files directly from Autocad to the plotter, but can't.  I am using the HP GL/2 Universal Driver.    I get the following error:

Job: - Canceled

Job ID: 1
Sheet set name:
Date and time started: 12/13/2016 6:43:58 PM
Date and time completed: 12/13/2016 6:43:58 PM
UserID:
Profile ID: <<Unnamed Profile>>
Total sheets: 1
Sheets plotted: 0
Number of errors: 1
Number of warnings: 0

Sheet: - Canceled

File: F:\My Data\Dwg\Fus Frame 01.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Device name: HP DesignJet 1050C by HP (Copy 1)
Plot file path:
Paper size: ANSI A - 8 1/2 x 11 in. (portrait)

ERROR: The device has reported an unknown error.

If I try to do a test print from Windows, it won't print and I get this:  

"The arguments are invalid."

I can print documents from Word and Adobe.

Any ideas from anyone?

HP Recommended

Not to muddy up the waters here but I have a 1050C also and have been using the Designjet 5500 driver to print.  It's much more user friendly and has a couple more options than the 1050C driver.  You might try that.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

It works great.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Sorry to jump on an old post, but I'm having the same issue after upgrading autocad from 2010 to 2017. 

How did you go about adding the designjet 5500 driver to the 1050C printer setup? 

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Load it like you'd load any printer driver.  Name it whatever you'd like or leave the default 5500 driver name.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
I've tried this, however it says that the best driver software for your device is already installed when I select the designjet 5500 file, so I'm unable to setup?
Sorry if this is me being stupid!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.