Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
z6200 42-inch

I discovered an empty ink cartridge after the printer had been sitting idle for a couple of weeks.  A couple others were very low and replacement was recommended.    After replacing three ink cartridges I got the 24:10 error.  Entering into the diagnostics menu, I initially was given a error code 0x10a02002 - broken bag error.   After fussing around with the ink cartridges I still get 24:10, but no other specific error codes.  "Repair broken bag" just tells me to restart the printer.   I performed 'check ink levels' and all is OK after reseating one of them.  I have restarted the printer numerous times, including a complete shutdown and even unplugging the cord.  No change.  I read where another user reset the eerom...is this something that I should do?  I don't care about my logs and stats, etc.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

SE 24:10
Cause: A broken bag has been detected in one of the Ink Cartridges

Solution: Try the following:
● Press Down + Cancel to see which cartridges have a broken bag. Remove the affected cartridges,
shake each one three times within 2 seconds through a distance of about 40 cm, and check whether
the cartridge air tower is contaminated with ink. If at least one cartridge is contaminated, replace
the Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable on page 256.
NOTE: If the Ink Supply Tubes are to be replaced, the Ink Cartridges need to be checked
beforehand to see if they are capable of purging the new tubes. If they are not, new Ink Cartridges
must also be sent with the parts to be replaced. To check the Ink Cartridges, see Check ink
supplies on page 91.
● If no cartridge seems contaminated, follow the broken bag recovery procedure for more information
Recover broken bag on page 92.

Do a google search for the service manual for more things to try.

HP Recommended

I purchased the recommended 'broken bag fixing kit, #CH955-67076.  It came with only six dummy cartridges instead of eight.  The supplier says this kit is not for the z6200, but that's what the z6200 manual says.  I cannot find any other reference anywhere as to what the correct part number might be.  Help.

HP Recommended

So, I finally got the correct broken bag repair kit.  I executed the 'clean air tubes' diagnostic. There is no evidence of any air in the ink tubes.  I then executed the 'recover from broken bag', and the menu choices are nothing like that outlined in the service manual.  It tells me I need to replace a low ink cartridge AFTER completing, but then my only option is to shut down and restart, and I still get the  24:10 error.  What do I do now?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have similar error on the hp designjet T7200. how did you finally resolve this issue.. please kindly help. 

HP Recommended

Did this ever get resolved? I have same problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.