Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi, my 2600 is printing in black and white inconsistently. Some words and lines are faded and some are fine.

My initial thought is it's running out of ink except both my printer and computer say it has nearly full black ink. Is anyone able to help?

I thought it might be something to do with the aligning but I can't find anywhere how to realign the ink cartridges.

Thanks

Ruth

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

My HP Deskjet 3636 printer with newly installed cartridges started to print lightly in black and then not at all. I fought it for 3 hours before deciding to try a new cartridge even though the printer said both ink levels were good and low and behold the new cartridge solved my problem just before I went off the deep end!!!

@RuthJ1 wrote:

Hi, my 2600 is printing in black and white inconsistently. Some words and lines are faded and some are fine.

My initial thought is it's running out of ink except both my printer and computer say it has nearly full black ink. Is anyone able to help?

I thought it might be something to do with the aligning but I can't find anywhere how to realign the ink cartridges.

Thanks

Ruth

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.