Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

plt

Sorry for the mistake....

HP Recommended

Did a search and found PLT is usually an autocad file extension.   Not sure what it's asking for.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Just spent 55 minutes on the phone with HP support.

They tell me that they cannot help me anymore.  That they do not provide the (.plt) files anymore!

If there is anyone out there who may have the correct (.plt) file needed for a Z6100 printer? Model# 6651A

Please reach out to me...

This can't be the end of the line for this printer?!?!?!

How stupid is it to store firmware on a mechanical hard drive that is absolutely guaranteed to fail over time?

--- And then not at least put the tools out there on the website so their customers can solve these problems on their own.

We now need to buy a new printer, 5K+

YOU CAN BE SURE IT WILL NOT BE AN HP PRINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Did a quick search on this board for "Z6100" and came up with a few posts that talk about the same problem.  Some seem to point to replacing the hard drive, which is available on ebay for not too much:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DESIGNJET-Z6100-Z6100PS-NEW-HARD-DRIVE-DISK-HDD-Q6651-60068-Q6651-60352-/...

Have you checked out these threads:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/79-04-error/m-p/5901...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/DesignJet-Z6100/m-p/...

There's a few more out there but that's all I had time to note.

You might try sending a PM to one or all of these posters below who have some experience with what you're dealing with:

MikeG81

DavidZuts

Jasonmiamifl

From my experience, this board is more of a user-to-user forum that owners use to exchange info and share what works and what doesn't rather than an HP employee driven help line, though a few employees come on and help where ever they can.  So it can get frustrating getting a reply sometimes.  But hang in there because someone should be able to respond that might be able to help you out.  Often times a search will yield an answer but people don't always post up the solutions that they come up with so often threads are dead ends.  Very frustrating.

Good luck and please post up the solution when you get it working again so others will benefit.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have read through those two treads, and many others. Nearly anything that had the key word Z6100.

I looked on ebay last week, and didn't find the seller you linked me to. I did find a couple of used hard drives, but not interested in an used drive with the same problem(s).

This seller is selling new drives, WITH the firmware preloaded.  That seems like the next best thing, if I can't do it myself, buy one that is already done.

We will be ordering a drive from this seller, and I will post back how it turns out.

Thanks!

Michael

HP Recommended

Be sure to check you present hard drive to see if you need a SATA or IDE before ordering.

HP Recommended

I think you have a Hard Drive issue.

Good Luck,

Roy K

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to report back that the new hard drive that was formatted in HP format, and preloaded with the latest firmware, did in fact solve my problem.

Printer is up and running!

Also, I want to confirm that the 24V and 42V power outputs do come on later in the boot sequence.

They do not come on right away with the power switch.

Thanks to everyone who helped sort out this mess.

Michael

HP Recommended

Did you get the hard drive from the seller on ebay?  Just curious so I know I can order from the same seller if I need a hard drive.  

Thanks and congrats on getting it up and running!

HP Recommended

Yes, we got it from ebay. The same seller linked to above. Worked great!

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.