Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z5200ps Designjet
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a used Z5200ps plotter. It was bought cheap as a faulty unit and I have some experience with DIY repair on these plus a copy of the repair manual.

It had a jam from standing too long basically. A strip down and thorough cleaning / oiling has it all working properly again.

The screen is calling for maintenance kit 2 will soon be needed. This is the left spitton and service station. I have stripped down and cleaned the service station of every trace of old ink. And ran the full diagnostics on it - all good. 

So now I want this message to go from the screen BUT the service utility menu is missing the "reset life counters" option. Has anyone any suggestions as to why the machine isn't allowing me to reset the life counters please

20181211_075719.jpg

20181211_075729.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are two service menu utilities, one for customer phone support, and 2nd for service engineer that is the one you want to acces. Check service manual page 124. If you will not find reset submenu that is very strange.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You will need to check page 131 of the service manual under Reset maintenance counter, you can find it online.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and you are correct the procedure is on that page

However this is the root of my problem here. As per the photos attached in my first posting this option does not even appear on my machines menu! If I could find the option or a reason why it won't appear I will be hopefully able to re-set it.

Tonight I will try the latest firmware install too. But it is on the second latest firmware already and the only fix mentioned on the latest firmware is in relation to accounting issues- which should not impact this problem but I will try anyway just incase 

HP Recommended

More photos now attached showing the screen messages FYI 20181208_230930.jpg

20181208_231023.jpg

20181208_231119.jpg

HP Recommended

There are two service menu utilities, one for customer phone support, and 2nd for service engineer that is the one you want to acces. Check service manual page 124. If you will not find reset submenu that is very strange.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thankyou for that! I was mistaking the menu there by using the DOWN key instead of the UP key which gives access to more menus on the Z5200ps.

For example my T1100 Designjet gives the reset life counters option when accessing the menu via the DOWN key. But all good now thankyou!

One final repair to make is the cutter had snapped the little arm on top and can no longer engage. A new cutter assembly is coming tomorrow and that is the machine running 100% - very pleased. Except for the service station DIY rebuild which took many hours all it needed otherwise was one printhead renewed. The PK one - appears to be the most problamatic one on any Desig jet standing for a little while 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.