Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp design jet 1050c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I’ve recently picked up a 1050c but can’t get it to work. It didn’t come with any software and try as I might I can’t find any online that will work with it. If anyone can help I’d be grateful.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Getting an HP Designjet 1050c to work properly with WIN10 will be close to mission impossible.

That is an obsolete printer model and you can't expect that newest win10 will work on a device that is no longer supported for several years. Any chance you have an older computer running XP?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I've had very good luck using this driver from HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-1000-printer-series/24023/model/12607

Select the Post Script driver, middle one listed.

This is the driver used on Vista 64.  Works good.  I have one set up on my laptop using Windows 10 and a TCP/IP port with an ethernet connection from laptop to printer but will also work with a USB/Serial cable.  USB/Serial cables are not all created equal so you may have to do some searching for one that will work.  The ethernet cable is much easier.

That same website has the drivers needed for XP also, though I've never tried that one.

Good luck.  Let us know how it works out.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.