cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can’t work out how to set up design jet 1050c

HP Recommended
Hp design jet 1050c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I’ve recently picked up a 1050c but can’t get it to work. It didn’t come with any software and try as I might I can’t find any online that will work with it. If anyone can help I’d be grateful.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
4,647 4,635 543 748
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting an HP Designjet 1050c to work properly with WIN10 will be close to mission impossible.

That is an obsolete printer model and you can't expect that newest win10 will work on a device that is no longer supported for several years. Any chance you have an older computer running XP?

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
753 705 28 78
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had very good luck using this driver from HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-1000-printer-series/24023/model/12607

Select the Post Script driver, middle one listed.

This is the driver used on Vista 64.  Works good.  I have one set up on my laptop using Windows 10 and a TCP/IP port with an ethernet connection from laptop to printer but will also work with a USB/Serial cable.  USB/Serial cables are not all created equal so you may have to do some searching for one that will work.  The ethernet cable is much easier.

That same website has the drivers needed for XP also, though I've never tried that one.

Good luck.  Let us know how it works out.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation