Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 130NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like the advice of the forum members with technical expertise.  My DJ 130NR of 12 years has given up.  I was performing routine color calibrations, when starting with the fourth and last paper type, the printer didn't start the process.  I observed the hour glass icon on the display and waited about 15 minutes.  Still nothing, so I attempted to shut down with the power button with no response.  Waited some more and then pulled the power cord.  I waited about a minute or so, reinstalled the power cors, and noticed the power light on the panel was not illuminated.  The printer does nothing now.  Do you think I've got an anchor here or simply need a power supply, or electronics module?  I have noticed recently that the printer sometimes, when not turmed on, illuminated the display.  I saw that twice before this failure.  I'd hate to lose this printer but I also don't wish to throw cash at a worn out piece of equipment.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The power supply is known to fail on this model, but an automatic roll feeder can also fail.

Is power cord connected to roll feeder first, is there a green LED ON on feeder when a power cord is connected to automatic roll feeder? If you connect a power cord to the printer ( without automatic roll feeder) directly does it power ON?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Valsimot:  I should have included that in my original post.  Yes, I did bypass the roll feeder, which was showing an orange light when connected normally, but still couldn't power up the printer.  I also tried a new power cord, just in case.  I have also removed the network card and tried all with that removed, with no luck.  I'm thinking about putting 1200 volts into the power cord just to see what happens 🙂  I don't embrace the idea of replacing parts until I find the one that's failed, but it seems to me that may be the only choice if I feel I can't live without this thing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.