Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z5600

We have a HP DJ Z5600 giving us a error message “Cyan Ink Cartridge Faulty”

We’ve put in three new OEM ink cartridges, replaced the Ink Supply Station, and checked the cables and connections to the Engine PCA.

And we still get the same message.

What else could remedy this error?

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Enter the special diagnostics mode per the attached instructions. Perform  ink delivery system test to see if you can narrow down the problem.

HP Recommended

trying to get into Diagnostics Menu on that Z5600.

On line 3, on page 126, the service manual says to press Cancel > Home > Eject buttons.

What button is the Eject button??

During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
HP Recommended

Its the button that is like a up arrow with a line below it. It is the button you use to eject media from the scanner unit.

HP Recommended

It looks like the ‘Eject’ icon only shows up on the MFP models. Do you know what to press instead?

HP Recommended

Instead of the eject button try the help button instead.

HP Recommended

We went back and Go into Diagnostics by pressing the ? instead of the eject button on this non MFP model.

During the system checks everything passed except SENSORS – FAIL – Wrong paper sensor value
Do you know how to determine which of the at least five paper/roll sensors that it is suggesting may be bad?

One time while the printer was restarting after each of these tests, we got a 26:01
(This is the error that says, check and/or replace inks or ink station which we’ve done.

Also in this Menu, it gave a EERom Reset and a Hard Disk Recovery options, would you recommend doing either of these?
And if you have a source for that engine PCB, we still would like to try that.

Thanks again for your assistance,

HP Recommended

Hi, any update with the issue? We have same problem here with 2 /two/ in-warranty DJ Z5600. Both are used with genuine cartridges. 

What we do till now:

- replace Ink suppy station 

- replace Carriage assembly

- replace 3 genuine cartriges /Cyan/

- replace 2 printheads.

- firmware is up to date. Revert firmware to older version also checked but with no result.

After installing new cyan cartridge, printer start initialization and at the end gives an error 'Cyan ink cartridge faulty'..

All test in the diagnostic mode complete successfull.

If someone can help with solution will be great.

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day all.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

Awating arrival of replacement part to test.

HP Recommended

HP mentions updating firmware might solve some of the issues:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-z5600-postscript-printer/10521736

Just something else to check.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.