Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is used a little bit  for a couple of days, and then stored away for 6 to 12 months, and then used again.

Every time its brought out from storage, there is problems. This time I had to order a new printhead, and the cost here in Norway is 250 $. 

So, what to do, to avoid stuff drying up? 

My next idea would be to print the status page once  a week. But then I  will be out of ink next time I want to use it.

Perhaps print the  status page once a month?

Anyone has any ideas? I cannotbuy a new printhead each time I want to use it.

Kenneth
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ignore above post.  It's a scam.

Yes, printing at least once a month will help keep the printhead fresh and in working condition.  I do this with all my printers and seldom have printhead problems.  Do you leave the printer on when not in use?

I've made a test page I print that is a graphic that runs all the colors to keep them working.  Doesn't hardly use any ink so I don't think that's an issue.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Ignore above post.  It's a scam.

Yes, printing at least once a month will help keep the printhead fresh and in working condition.  I do this with all my printers and seldom have printhead problems.  Do you leave the printer on when not in use?

I've made a test page I print that is a graphic that runs all the colors to keep them working.  Doesn't hardly use any ink so I don't think that's an issue.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Okay,

Once a month. I will try it.

No, I turn it off. Would it make a difference to keep it on ?

I did notice that reply were they asked me for mail address or something. Very strange.

Kenneth
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.