Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T530 24in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My organization purchase a DesignJet T530 with a 24 inch roll before Covid began. Since it arrived, no matter how I alter the settings, both in the document/image or the printer itself, it cuts off everything at about 13 or 14 inches. Background colors will sometimes print the full width, so I know the print heads can travel the full track.   I saw another post on here with the same issue, with the solution there driver was wrong, but no clarifiaction which driver they need to use. I have tried using the basic HPGL2 drivers, the HP DesignJet and PageWide XL PCL3 Driver for Windows (choosing the T530 model when adding the printer), and i've installed the full package, All of these drivers do the same thing. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @ITSS-BMR 

Try using the PCL3 v4 driver and under Preferences gear make sure that 300 is selected under Max application Resolution and print again.

HarryCR_0-1615984734115.png

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi

sorry for the late reply

I have no problem using the the basic printer driver

driver basic

but many of our customer make the mistake the enter the width of the roll when asked about the length when inserting a new roll , media  so if you do that any print will cut the media at the length you  insert .

just take your time to check the print setting and preview before ...

and when asked what the length of the media when installing a roll just put unknown

HP Recommended

No change, still cutting off the image at about 13/14 inches.

HP Recommended

All of the driver settings are set to use printer settings, and the printer automatically knows the roll size.

HP Recommended

dear Sir

first check your firmware if it is the latest if not upgrade  firmware as

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-t500-printer-series/28254950...

2 print from the internal print to see it it still cuts at the end or as before and if its related to network , driver  or external .

next, print from  a computer through USB port with  1 cable less than 3 m and only 1 not with extension 

and  if all works check you network , hoping that will solve the problem and help you .

if all that does t solve it you should open a call with a hp authorized repair center .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.