Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Up front and if anything like the T520 & T730, it appears that the rewinder motor is probably on the left side of this T630, but I am still not 100% sure but it probably is on the left side.  ....I have gotten accustomed to the rewinder being on the right side on say the T770, T790, etc.

A Customer a few hundred miles away complains of SE Code 0045-0017 on a T630 36".   I don't yet have a T630 SM.  But from a T730 SM--I ASSUME it would be similar for a T630--I find that below, the SE code explained & remedy.

FWIW, On another site, Kiran states the following for a T730 that would not rewind:    ....I would suspect the main PCA before the motor (rewinder), but the motor is cheaper so.. I'd try it first...PS You could check the power to the motor with a voltmeter; the red and black wires. Should probably be 12V if I had to guess. If you don't see a voltage or it's very low, it's probably that main PCA.

Code: 0045-0017

Description: Unable to move Rewind Servo or no feedback received.

Causes: Main PCA

Remedy: Remote troubleshooting (call agent)1. Switch the power off and disconnect the power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power on the printer.2. Remove the spindle, check the spindle gear and gear cap position. Check rewinder gears for damage. Finally, boot the unit without the spindle.3. The call agent should arrange a service engineer visit to change the Rewinder module, and follow the Onsite troubleshooting below: Left Roll Support4. If a different system error is displayed then the call agent should perform the applicable troubleshooting procedure.Onsite troubleshooting and solution (service engineer)1. Remove the covers and check that the cables of the rewinder module are correctly connected to the Main PCA, and that none of them are damaged. If any cable is disconnected then reconnect it, and power on the printer again to check whether the system error has disappeared.IMPORTANT:If any cable is damaged then order a Cable Service Kit: Cables Sk2. Replace the Left Roll Support. See Left Roll Support. Left Roll Support3. Replace the Main PCA, see Main PCA. Main PCA.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The power cable (black & red) from the rewinder motor in the left roll support was unplugged from the main pca.  Bad QC, I assume.  ....gives credence to "check cable connections".

To my amazement, it was still under warranty.   HP came out and discovered the problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Service manual states that you should check the left end of spindle for damage. I have had users drop a roll onto the spindle and break the fixed end causing issues. Have them remove the spindle and check closely for damage and to also examine the gears in the left roll support carefully for any damage or blockage.  Then try to start the unit with no spindle loaded to see what happens. From there it is a rewinder module replacement.

Replace the Left Roll Support. See Left Roll Support with Rewinder and Cover (5HB08-67004 & 5HB12-67016) on page 313.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper, thanks for your input.  I will keep damaged gears in mind.

HP Recommended

Where can I get a "service manual" for the T200/T600.... Series?    Thanks

HP Recommended

The power cable (black & red) from the rewinder motor in the left roll support was unplugged from the main pca.  Bad QC, I assume.  ....gives credence to "check cable connections".

To my amazement, it was still under warranty.   HP came out and discovered the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.