Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

The 08:11 service error has to be the most frustration error code of the complete line of Designjet Printers.

Regretfully, HP did not engineer this error code to specifically identify the part that is defective. To HPs credit, they did engineer later models to provide more detail feedback.

Here is the frustration, the 08:11 service error requires a 'best guess' approach.

The defective part may be one of the following:

1. Defective Hard Disk
2. Defective Formatter Board
3. Defective Main Board
4. Defective Fan
5. Defective Control Panel

Replacing the HD and\or Formatter Board is easiest to trouble shoot.
Replacing the Main Board and\or Fan is time consuming with dozens of screws to remove and reassemble. I can't personally confirm the Control Panel fixed it. Never got to #5 on the best guess list. I've read countless post saying 'try this'. I'm posting here hoping for a fresh take.

Here is the most recent service call I'm dealing with.

I’ve tried 2 different formatter boards and 2 different hard drives (new) and no matter the combination I still get the 08:11 error and led 1 is solid on.  I’ve tried putting the designjet firmaware on a flash drive and starting the plotter but it doesn’t see it and I always get the 08:11 error. 

Can you point me in the direction I should proceed?

I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Also experienced this issue with the T610, T1100, T770 models.

During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
HP Recommended

Does The plotter load from 1% to 100 %

HP Recommended

Shouldn't T790 formatter came with HDD as one spare part?

It has been a while but every time I had 08:11 I can only order formatter+HDD. There was no option to order HDD separately from formatter and vice verse.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Formated hard disks are easily available.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.