Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

when I insert an A3 sheet the plotter recognizes the presence and size of the sheet but when I try to print it tells me: The printer is not able to complete the load as it does not detect the paper ....

when I try to load the roll, the roll passes in the path to the front of the plotter but it tells me: "Out of paper"

"The printer is not able to complete the load as it does not detect the paper".

I tried to do the calibration and alignment with an A3 sheet, but nothing ...

What can I do to fix the problem? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

There are two sensors, one mechanical/optical sensor in the paper path that detects top of form and paper out and then there is the optical sensor that the printer uses to detect skew and paper edge. This sensor also reads the alignment patterns when perform a head alignment. This sensor is mounted on the carriage, usually on the left side of the carriage and can get polluted with ink and need cleaning.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, can you tell me where the first mechanical / optical sensor is placed? So I'll check both of them and let you know if I've solved ... 🙂

HP Recommended

Take a look at this service manual:  https://www.dectrader.com/docs/set06/408014/Designjet-T730-T830MFP-Service-Manual.html#pf10e

Page 240 shows a mechanical paper sensor flag on the rear paper path.  Not certain that's the part that failed but will give you an idea where to look at least.  I found the manual by googling the model and "service manual" and there are some other options for service manuals.  This one doesn't show the complete manual but some of the others might.

Hope that helps.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

I saw the manual, thank you very much.
Good weekend

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.