Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z5200 Postscript
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Sometimes my Z5200 plotter gives me the error message "1.1:10 Restart the printer. If the problem persists, call HP support."

Frequently, I have to restart it multiple times to get it out of this error. Most recently, I've restarted it about 15 times now and it still gives me this message after trying to reboot.

Any suggestions?  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You have to replace the PrintMech PCA

Error code means: NVM backup: not found, read, write or read back error.

Remedy (from service manual): Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer. If the System Error continues, replace the PrintMech PCA. If the System Error continues, replace the Formatter.

Link to service manual:

https://shared.swissparts.ch/Manuals/HP/Plotter/HP%20Designjet%20Z5200ps.pdf

HP Recommended

Obviously per the previous poster the 2nd step is to replace the printmech board, then the formatter.

FWIW, and a different printer, on my T1100 I got 1.1:10. The solution was main pca replacement. For the T1100 (obviously a different printer but the principle may still apply) the replacement hierarchy is:

1. main pca

2. formatter

(Also a guy Kiran in copytechnet.com forum said that one time this error on his T1100? was caused by a bad power supply unit PSU. Of course the PSU and main pca comprise the electronics control module.)

Upon further inspection, I noticed main pca fuse F4 was blown and found it is directly in line with the carriage motor. The carriage motor leads read 2.5 to 3.5 ohms. I am thinking that MAY have been low enough (possibly lower at times) to blow the F4 surface mounted fuse. So as a precaution I replaced the carriage motor with a good used carriage motor.

Hope this helps a little although again my experience on a different model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.