Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Design Jet 5200

Need to know the override for a Z5200ps Plotter ink cartridge that has expired.  The web page states the override feature is available but of course does not give the procedure.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

You dont need to override the expiration date. Ad there is no option for that.
You just need to acknowledge the warnings foe each ink cartridge.

If you cannot print is not because the ink is expired.

Try this.

1- delete all the pending jobs at the printer panel
2- reset the ink cartridges and acknowledge the warnings
3- print the Image Quality Print to check the status of the nozzles ant the printheads.
4- replace any bad printheads
5- do the printhead alignment and paper advance calibration
6- print an internal demo to test the hardware
7- make sure the printer is installed on your computer using th HP driver. Not the class driver. Send a print

If you cannot print. Need to find out if you have a connectivity, driver, application or file problem.
On win 10. Try I installing the driver to win7 if the one for win 10 is not working

Thank you! I am an HP employee.

Please click the "Thumbs up" icon below to thank or click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks praveen 196 for your answer.

I can print just fine, just no yellow ink which makes the picture the wrong colors.

I have acknowledged the expired Y cartridge to no avail.  It still appears.

I have cleaned the print heads and replaced the old cartridge (empty) and replaced with

a new expired cartridge.

So now my question is:  Am I getting any yellow ink from my expired cartridge?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.