Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to overcome the dodgy printhead issue. I realise that some of the questions are possibly basic, but I cannot seem to find the info anywhere. I usually run via a Mac, but am having to upgrade firmware via Windows 7 machine.

My DJ is running 03.04 (according to display panel).

I have run the software and get to the "reboot Printer" point. Does this just mean power off and on or is there a specific reboot function? If so, where?

If it just means power off and power on, when I restart, I do not get any instructions to finalise install.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, if you have a progress bar on the computer saying that firmware is copying there should be a message in the printers control panel that he is receiving upgrade and animation when it's done.

If your printer is in Ready state all the time of during firmware copy from a computer then firmware tool isn't working, the printer doesn't receive an upgrade.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your firmware tool isn't working.

When the printer receives a firmware update from a computer on the printers front panel you see animations and information that the printer is getting updated.  If your front panel is in Ready during firmware update then you are not doing a firmware update, it's something computer related. A firmware update from a different computer might help. Keep your eye on printers front panel you will see when it starts to receive an upgrade. 

To reboot printer you need to plug out the power cord.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

So when the computer says that it is copying Firmware files to printer, there should be animations?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Yes, if you have a progress bar on the computer saying that firmware is copying there should be a message in the printers control panel that he is receiving upgrade and animation when it's done.

If your printer is in Ready state all the time of during firmware copy from a computer then firmware tool isn't working, the printer doesn't receive an upgrade.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You have a video tutorial on the firmware update @ 4:30 minute of the video the front panel is shown:

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks, all sorted now. Found an old laptop to connect via USB. That’s the problem with running Macs!!

Ben

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.