Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I am having the same exact issue here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-Digital-Press/839A-6B28-error-new-HP-T...

That thread is locked, I'm not sure why, so posting here.

The issue is the stand alone driver on the HP website. I need the stand alone driver to deploy the printer to my print server. Using the exe driver package works but this is no good for us as we can't deploy that to the dozens of computers we have automatically. When I use the stand alone driver we get the same error as in the link.

Can HP please get this fixed? The experience with this printer has been very bad so far. The install manual PDF link was broken so we had to use the interactive website to do the install. Now this. Very frustrating. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please provide the name of the exact driver you are trying to install. As well, make sure that the firmware is up to date. As I stated on the other post you reference, there is no information regarding this error. Have you contacted technical support yet? One challenge for HP is that users often do not report issues and so they go unnoticed for months and unfixed because of that. This forum is a user to user forum and HP technical staff does not actively participate in these forums.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The exact driver is the one found on the drivers page of the printer here: https://support.hp.com/rs-en/drivers/hp-designjet-t850-printer/2101367272

Under IT Advanced Installation Package -> Basic Drivers: win-x64-hpgl2-drv.exe

Yes firmware is up to date. It was updated automatically when the printer was setup. I just got this printer so have not reached out to HP support. Their support isn't the easiest to work with so was hoping someone here would know of the resolution but will reach out soon if I can't get help here. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Also, know the funny thing about trying to get support from HP? Just tired to do that by going to their support site to find some kind of contact information for support. It asks for a serial number. I provide that. I get an error that this serial can't be found. So it asks for product number. I enter that. Not found.

What an awesome experience 😞

HP Recommended

Using 7ZIP I am able to extract the cabinet driver files from the downloaded .exe file and then manually install through control panel>devices and printers>add printer. Might be an option you want to try.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.