Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
dell
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchase a HP Design Jet and Im a having a few issues setting up the machine, Everytime I try to load media wether it is on a roll or just a single sheet of paper I get the roll misaligned error. I have it exactly on the blue line like it asks but then when the light goes over it to verify the media is loaded correctly I get the error saying it is not. I have tried numerous attempts to get it right, i figured just trying a plain piece of pape would be the easiet way , But I still get the erorr, Any Help is greatly appreciated I look forward to using this machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check the following video on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXWVYoJUk-c

From the moment when the top cover is closed in a video, compare what is your printer doing when the top cover is closed and what is doing the one on the video, and what are the differences?

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Have you tried to load roll while a printer is turned OFF?

You will need to push paper harder to get it in the printer then adjust it to a blue line as best as you can, lower paper lever and turn printer ON to see what will happen.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion by manually feeding the paper through the machine, still no luck, I have it exactly square on the blue line, but everytime when the blue light goes over it to check the alignment I get the mispositioned erorr. Is there some sort of sensor that needs cleaning, Im despreatley trying to get this machine printing. ANY HELP IS GREATLY apprieciated.

HP Recommended

That blue light is a part of the light sensor that reads refection from white paper, clean it from bottom gently maybe it will help.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

still no luck, keep getting the "Sheet mispositioned, Reload Sheet, Align Sheet with Vertical and Horizontal blue lines,"

Im so despreate to get this thing working and hate that I cant even get past the ability for the machine to load a piece of paper? Is there a specific forum where they have troubleshooting for this kind of issue, ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, I would even be willing to paypal some money to someone who could walk me though this and get this machine printing.

HP Recommended

Check the following video on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXWVYoJUk-c

From the moment when the top cover is closed in a video, compare what is your printer doing when the top cover is closed and what is doing the one on the video, and what are the differences?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Watching this helped! thank you I can now print off sheet loading, now I need to tackle to roll loading

HP Recommended

The video for loading roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzOBrHHef0Q&t=134s

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.